Re: New security FAQ

Philipe Gaspar wrote:
> > I wonder what people think about this version of our Security FAQ
> > instead of the old one from <http://www.debian.org/security/faq>.
> > The proposed new version: <http://people.debian.org/~joey/faq.en.html>
> >
> > If I don't receive too much objections, I'd like to upload it
> > to the cvs archive and let translators work on it.  You don't
> > have to handle the index, that's done automatically.  You only
> > have to translate the text, not fiddle with the structure.

> I'm translator for portuguese language and i think that i won't have
> any problem translating the text, cause most of it is already
> translated. And using index on the new version makes the faq easier
> to read than the old one.

I guess I wasn't clear enough when I first wrote that.  You'll have to
translate the text, just as before.  If you can't manage that, you're
out...  But since you've already translated the faq (at least those of
you who did), you'll manage it.

However, you don't have to maintain the additional index at the top of
the page, since that one's auto-generated from the body.  Which means,
even while we will be able to create a version which is easier to read
and contains references to each and every single item, we don't have
to maintain the links on our own.  That's an improvement, because, for
example, the HTML code is broken in the english version, which
demonstrates that more html formalia won't be an overly good idea.

I conclude:

  Philipe: ok
  Josip: why not use wml::debian::toc
  Joey: this could be an improvement

What to do?  There's no majority?  However, there's also no majority
to strong objection...

Regards,

	Joey