Re: Banners in GIF format?

* Michael Herz <Michael.Herz@t-online.de> [2002-08-20 11:56]:
> just a quick hint, cause I couldn't believe it. Your banners on
> http://www.debian.org/banners/ are in .gif format???

 Yes, they are -- but they are not using the lwz compression
algorithmus and therefore doesn't have any license problems.

> Shouldn't we quickly change it to png?

 Unfortunately for some graphics this isn't a real option for
transparent png's aren't supported that well yet.  Btw., you aren't the
first to notice this, there were already some mails to this list and
also a bugreport filed (#127849). Please search the archives for
previous answers.

 Have fun, and thanks anyway.
Alfie
--
Debian ist auch das OS für Mamis - funktionell und ohne Schnickschnack.
             -- Cornelia Stallinger in <20020522125544.6738e98b.Rhonda@aon.at>