Re: /CD/

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 11:46:39PM +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> > I don't know. Mind you, these images weren't my idea, so don't hold me
> > responsible :)
>
> I was just trying to get someone to react, since it's been half a year.
>
> > I saw that in Opera recently, too. It works fine when I look at the
> > image in the Gimp and in Mozilla, though, so, WTF?
>
> Well, it would be nice if they were correct. AFAICT, Opera's
> implementation of PNG on Linux does score 100% on the libpng
> compatibility test, so my guess is that the problem lies in the page
> and its images, not in Opera, unless someone can prove me the opposite.

Gimp said that the images' background/border color is identical to the one
we used for the table color. Sounds like proof to me...

But I've taken another look, and it seems that there's both a discrepancy,
and that Mozilla changes the color of the image, too, but much less visibly
than Opera.

The colors in question are:

original: #e69d83
menu-misc.en.png: #e09e86
mozilla: #de9d83
opera: #e6a594, #eeaa94, #eea594, #e6a594

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.