Re: [RFC] improve i18n of webwml

Denis Barbier:

> here is a proposal to help translators's job:
>    handle translated tags via PO files (i.e. gettext) instead of slices

I think this is a great idea, provided that

 * strings that have the same English text but appear in different
   contexts can be translated separately (this is *the* major
   disadvantage of using gettext in any application),

 * we can take advantage of the fuzzy handling,

 * updating the PO files can be done simply from the translator's side,
   not having to wait for someone on the "admin" side updating the
   source files, etc.

If you have solutions for these problems, I am all for it.

--
\\//
Peter - I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.