translating dates and times on Debian web pages

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 04:51:06PM -0700, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> Changes by:	jordi	02/05/04 16:51:06
>
> Modified files:
> 	english/template/debian: ctime.wml
>
> Log message:
> 	Fix a few long-standing itches.

The above two disheartening commits made me think that the translators in
general need a reminder:

The "ctime" WML template (full path name is shown above) defines how a date
is displayed in your language. The default date formats will work for
English, but not likely for other languages.

In order to modify this file, you need basic knowledge of Perl data
structures and C format strings, however, you can get by by simply
copying+pasting stuff, and testing with "make" :)

If anyone requires further explanations or assistance, please don't hesitate
to reply to this email with everything that's on your mind. I can definitely
understand that documenters are afraid to touch what seems to be program
code, and it is indeed smart to be careful. But these changes have to be
done nevertheless.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.