binary package counters

I don't think I've seen anything like it anywhere.  I propose creating a
counter page that has number of binary packages available for each
architecture and distribution (stable, testing, unstable).

Why do this?  It may be helpful for newcomers to assess the state of the
projects.  For ports this would also be a good measure.  While this data
may be available from other sources, newcomers especially may have a
hard time finding it, or may find some information that doesn't have a
date associated with it.

We already hard-code a number (3950) on the home page.  This idea came
from the thought to make it dynamic, probably as a cron job that updates
every day.  I don't know how hard this would be, but I'd be willing to
help create it.

The full page may fit well as a link from /distrib/packages.

Cheers,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>