Re: Proposal for the redesign of www.debian.org/doc/

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, jeff@antistatic.com wrote:
> Your redesign made for a much better structure, but the scanability
> needs to be improved.  Users don't know they are looking for a
> "HOW-TO" if they are new.  They are thinking "How do I get my sound
> card working?".
>
> I know those of you with commit rights on Klecker are busy.  I would
> like to find someone to work with me on a test sample for people to
> comment on.  Is there someone new on this list who might have the
> spare time to work with me?  The regular team can update the page
> after they approve the sample.

You can propose something on this list, it should be fine as this list
is for webmasters (and translators).

Use CVS web interface and take current file as a base what to modify.

<URL:http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/doc/index.wml?rev=1.37
&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&cvsroot=webwml>

It would help much if you can provide something ready, such as full
chapters of text.  Then people can just format it as wml and commit.
(Of course best is wml as it is not so much more than plain text but
as fully ready for going to CVS.)

--
Tommi Vainikainen