Re: www.debian.org news

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 03:53:47AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Some of you may have noticed the sorry condition klecker.debian.org was in
> today. It was overloaded and going out of memory, and eventually it crashed.
>
> Thanks to Patrick Ashmore and Jonathan Adams, faeries^Wadmins at VA, the
> machine was brought back online, with a vengeance -- doubled CPU power and
> doubled amount of RAM! All should be well now.

This is great. Still, why is it that whatever machine gets used for the
web starts getting abused by other processes?

The archive and the web pages are the two most visible aspects of the
project. We shouldn't allow them to become inaccessible. IMO, klecker
should be used for debian web services (in all its incarnations,
including people.d.o) and nothing else.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org