Re: CVS webwml/english/template/debian

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001, Denis Barbier wrote:
> I suggested to adopt this syntax now in template files, because this change
> allows generation of both HTML and XHTML files.  OTOH, WML cannot generate
> XHTML files if templates are not XHTML-compliant.
> So I see only benefits for this change, the only problem is our habits, this
> is why I volunteered to slightly adapt templates when translating them.

 I second this an do change all it in all the translations I update (and
when I find errors in english files, there too).

 Personally I'd add also the request to make all tags lowercase.  I once
read that this is also needed by xhtml, can anyone confirm this?

 Finally, and that's mainly for readability: If you do a <p> _please_
put an empty line infront of it so you see with one glance that there is
the start of a new paragraph.  It would help us all quite much, I hope.
Some sort of layout in the source-text would help both the origin writer
for updates and the translators.

 I hope you don't take this personal, I don't look at who is doing the
original versions when I find.. uhm, let's say "interesting" source
formating.  And of course I would never judge that from the commit, who
knows where the original source comes from.

 So long,
Alfie
--
 You never learn anything  |   /"""""\                   ,'~~.
   by doing it right.      |  / chaos \  alfie.ist.org   |o ?~\