out of date help files on website

Hi, folks,
I'm forwarding to you a usenet message that helped me get my ip #'s set
up right so I got online, after failing for a while.  I failed with the
information in my copy of O'Reilly's "Learning Debian/GNU Linux", and
the reason I'm telling you is that this invalid information was also in
the Debian help files I linked to off your web site.
Specifically, editing /etc/init.d/network is out of date and didn't
work; /etc/network/interfaces did work.  Please fix this, it made it
hard on this newbie with marginal technical talent trying against the
odds to become adept with Debian (when some tell me I should stick to
windoze, others that I should try an easier distribution).  But I like
the Debian culture, and hope to work to make it more accessible to less
geekish people!!

Thanks,

Bill