Re: stattrans.pl

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001, Matt Kraai wrote:
> This is true only if you consider all of the untranslated files to
> be outdated translations.  I originally made this exact mistake,
> but corrected it after committing it.  Please see the CVS log.
> I've been rethinking this, though.  It might be better to replace
> it with the following:
>
>  $percent_o{$lang} = $percent_a{$lang} - $percent_t{$lang};

 *nirg*  Thanks for fast response before any harm is done (I hope the
script is not running right now).  I thought the up-to-date and outdated
values percentages are now calculated wrt/ the translated files and not
the full value?  Wasn't that commited, too?  I think that makes up a
much more valueable value than calculate them wrt/ all the files.

 It was that I just saw it on the page that Matt did - Matt, didn't you
also submit that part?  If not, why not?  If yes, why doesn't it work?
:)

> Heh, I'm a pessimist.

 Alright, I'm usually more a realist, and rounding seems to be more to
the true values :)  And, in the handling without rounding could have
been a mistake if all three values got rounded down, up-to-date and
outdated could make up one less in the sum than translated files (yes, I
could be quite pedantic with this, I know ;)

 So long,
Alfie [sorry for the inconvenience]
--
 You never learn anything  |   /"""""\                   ,'~~.
   by doing it right.      |  / chaos \  alfie.ist.org   |o ?~\