Re: Who is in charge of /org/www.debian.org/cron/daily_updates?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 09:13:05AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 10:19:24PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > Regarding the subject, IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!
> > >
> > > I mean, duh, what kind of a question is that? :)
> > [...]
> >
> > As these scripts are not kept beyond cvs aegis, but most of them are
> > group-writeable, I was wondering whether I could modify them without
> > playing with my life ;)
> > Maybe we should put these scripts under CVS?
>
> The idea somewhat scares me -- one could do enough damage to the stuff by
> screwing with webwml, not debwww too. I know this sounds cabalistic (TINC!
> TINC! :) but I hope you'll understand.

Sure I do, I have absolutely no problem with this situation.

But my former suggestion to let these scripts locally executable in
checked out copy will resurface sooner or later ;)
Some operations performed by these scripts must be done on our *local*
machines when trying to build website, e.g. to retrieve needed files.
Another solution would be to add nice READMEs, but I prefer the former.

Denis