Re: intro/about

I just committed some minor changes that you (Joy) shouldn't have any
problem with.  Here are the sections I'm still not happy about. Only
two left. :)

  <P>Debian does not make any money from the sale of CDs, and we do have expenses.
  Please buy from one of the
This is awkward. The reason I joined the clauses with 'but' was to
show that while we don't have a steady income stream, we need some
money to pay for expenses. Here is another attempt at an acceptable
change
  <P>Debian does not make any money from the sale of CDs.
  At the same time, money is needed to pay for expenses such as domain
  registration and hardware. Thus, we ask that you buy from one of the

I still say the following makes it sound like we are going to charge
for someone to download off the net.
  <H2><a name="CD">You say free, but the CDs/bandwidth cost money!</a></H2>
Additionally, if someone in the next town said they had a free bicycle
for you, you wouldn't tell them, "it's not really free since I have to
drive there to get it". Again, I suggest the bandwidth part be
dropped.

On a related note, I have made some changes to why_debian, including
another plus - Debian is the best integrated linux distribution.

--
James (Jay) Treacy                Once a curmudgeon, always a curmudgeon
treacy@debian.org