Re: Working with The Debian Project!

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, mwalongo@avu.org wrote:
> I wish to have a Debian distribution, however my language is
> currently not supported. My aim is to work with you as a volunteer
> to do the job so that my language is also supported.

Because you send this email to debian-www, I'm assuming you want to
translate web pages.  Another option is to translate installation
instructions or programs itself, if that's what you want, send email (and join) to
debian-boot list or for programs itself you usually should contact
upstream maintainers directly.

First you should learn to use CVS and read carefully pages about
translating web pages. (That is <URL:http://www.debian.org/>.)  Instructions
for translating web pages is at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/website/>.

After reading those, and if you are then ready to commit yourself for
long term project, contact James Treacy <treacy@debian.org> and ask
for CVS account.

--
Tommi Vainikainen