Re: Mirror list sort broken

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:18:21AM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, peter@softwolves.pp.se wrote:
> > The mirror list seems to have broken, it did work before, but now
> > the list seems to be ordered randomly, at least for the Swedish
> > version.
>
> Order is random in finnish pages too.  If I do local build, order is
> correct at least in finnish, swedish and english version.  I didn't
> bother to check the rest.

This bug disappear when applying any of these changes:
 a) build on sid
 b) replace
      return uc($first) cmp uc($second)
    by
      return $first cmp $second
    at the very end of langcmp (in template/debian/languages.wml)
 c) use C or iso-8859-1 locales

So it looks like a Perl 5.005 problem related with locales, which is
illustrated by the attached file (which displays Australien
Bulgarien Brasilien on klecker).

Denis