Re: Should I write debian-user-portuguese instead of debian-user?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 03:18:11PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I've a question... some pages mention the debian-user mailing
> list or other resources that have official equivalents
> (debian-user-portuguese for instance) in my local language...
>
> Should (or 'May') I use these resources/addresses instead of the ones
> cited there?

Are you asking about when translating, which one you point to? If so,
we suggest you keep the english speaking link (debian-user in this
case) and add a link for the language specific resource.

There are two goals here which are only slightly contradictory. The
various translations should be very similar to each other. If someone
improves a page, all the translations should be able to share in the
improvement. Secondly, translations should be free to add resources
that only speakers of that language would be interested in.

If you are talking about something else, please clarify the question.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org