Re: RFC: web site reorganization

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 10:04:49PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> What I'm proposing is to make a paragraph for "Getting Debian" on the front
> page, instead of just a link.

I'd prefer to leave discusssions for the details of the main page until
we decide the overall layout.

[snip]

> Yes, I said above that it should be split up :)

It was just an example. We can agree you know. :)

> Euh, I didn't say /devel/ should be changed, I meant the front page.

Good.

Josip, it looks like we are thinking more along the same lines than I
thought from reading your response. Guess we just needed to get
oriented.

> > > Miscellaneous? Dunno about debian-jr, though.
> >
> > Why would you click on it unless you knew what you wanted is in there.
> > Things should be EASY to find. I want the miscellaneous page to go
> > away forever.
>
> Hm, point. Then again, some things are simply not sortable into the
> categories we have.

This will need more discussion. Any other ideas?

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org