Re: Ports disappeared from www.debian.org?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 06:02:31PM -0500, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> > How about under either Support or Miscellaneous?  I like Support better,
> > since the port pages frequently provide information for people that are
> > thinking of installing Debian on a non-i386 architecture and, since they
> > are also usually like Hardware Compat lists, the port pages usually fall
> > under a support-like category (at least to me).
>
> Sounds plausible...

It's a start, at least, and will get it back on the page until we can
find/make a better spot for the link to end up.

> There's an i386 port page in /ports/i386/. I'm not sure what is
> i386-specific about the rest of the pages, except for the general
> impression and packages.debian.org ;)

The page is pretty bare :-)  Seriously, though, the packages.debian.org is
more of what I was referring to.  The package contents search includes
other archs (only released archs, btw, even if "unstable" is
selected), but the package directory search still appears to be x86-only.

FYI, I'm not complaining, just wondering about a few things that this