Re: New version of /intl/l10n/ pages

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:45:23AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
[...]
> I have rewritten the whole machinery, but moving to the new one will of course
> break wml build, and some care must be taken.
> Here is my proposition for a smooth upgrade, I'll do it tonight (i.e. in ~ 12
> hours) if nobody objects:
>   a) Patch webwml/*/international/Makefile to remove l10n from the list of
>      sub-directories to prevent any wml build under /intl/l10n/
>   b) Commit new version of webwml/english/international/l10n/* files
>   c) Remove old stuff
>   d) Sync translations (this has to be done because the database file has
>      slightly changed)
>   e) In few days, allow build of webwml/*/international/l10n/ again
>
> After that, daily updates of these webpages will be performed since their
> generation becomes really fast.

Hi,

steps (a) to (c) are done under webwml/english/.
When proposing this transition, I did not realize that current links to PO
files and Debconf templates would be broken due to adoption of a pool
hierarchy.
In order to fix this problem, I would now prefer to exchange (d) and (e),
i.e. build English files ASAP, and committed files accordingly.

So English files will be installed during next build.
All international/Makefile have been synced with English, except for
        danish french german korean swedish
directories, because these languages must first migrate their l10n
directory to the new scheme (which is quite easy, I did it for French).
Translators of these languages, I will let this work into your hands,
and when this is done, remember to add l10n again into international/Makefile.

Last, if build runs fine, someone should remove old files to prevent
problems with content negociation:
    cd /org/www.debian.org/debian.org/international/l10n
    rm po-* templates-* team-* l10n* i18n*
and also remove outdated index files.
Not sure I will have time (and rights) to do it myself.

Denis