A page to recognize developers

Please CC me on replies as I do not subscribe to debian-www.

There should be a web page to memorialize the contributions
of Debian developers.

The original idea was to have past developers recognized, but
why wait until the developer is an ex-developer to give recognition?
I'd like to have nice things said about my work on a web page somewhere
before I leave Debian.  Debian has not been without its losses of
developers due to untimely death.  I'd like for present and future
developers to be able to see recognition while they are still around
to appreciate it.  We are all mortal (I think. :)

We have a ready-made "hook" for such blurbs.  Sure, it's nice to
go to www.debian.org/devel and see your name listed under "people"
along with all of the packages you maintain, but my goodness that is
a rather dry and shallow view of what each of the members of Debian
contribute.  I have seen better corporate "people" pages which
optionally show a picture and give a little blurb of who the staff
member is.  Would that help put a "face" on Debian as an organization?
Other developers who know our work best should be encouraged to
submit such writeups.  I like the little intros that we've been
seeing when new maintainers are accepted.  Now it's time to do
something similar for existing developers.  I would be willing to
help with such an effort.

As for implementation, db.debian.org seems to be a natural place to
collect such write-ups.  The "people" page would just need to pull
together all the necessary info from the db and pour it into a
template.  I take it that even after a Debian developer leaves Debian,
their entry remains in the db but with an altered status?  If so,
both past and present developers could be pulled and displayed
(perhaps in separate sections of the page, to avoid confusion).

Ben