Re: Availability of changelogs at packages.debian.org?

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 03:28:16PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:

> It's not clear what you mean by "each server's cache". The cgi script
> would be handled from one machine so only that machine would need the
> cache. My guess is you believe there is a connection between the debian
> web stuff and the debian archive. There isn't.

Ah hah. So all cgi links from mirrors go to one central server.

> The README is missing from enough packages that creating a link for it
> would confuse many people. Also, it is frequently used for the same
> thing as an INSTALL file making the results even less useful. In fact,
> a file containing a README that only contains installation instructions
> should have a bug filed against it.
>
> If a package has a long description that isn't useful, file a bug.
> Even better, include a possible replacement text.

Fair enough.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |