Re: Non-working URL

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:15:17PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the following URL is non-existent:
> >>
> >> http://www.debian.org/manuals/debian-policy/index.html
> >>
> >> This URL is mentioned on the following page:
> >>
> >> http://www.debian.org/doc/docpolicy
> >
> > Are you looking at the English page or some translation? If the latter, the
> > translation might be lagging, the problem was fixed in the English version
> > already.
>
>  If you refer to the change that it should be /doc/manuals/foo/ instead
> of /manuals/foo/ then it doesn't help.
> <http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-policy/> yields a 404.
>
>  It seems that the debian-policy is still in the wrong place.
> <http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/> is the current place.  I
> might consider this as a bug  *hmmm*

parse error

Quoting current /doc/docpolicy:

     * We'll use the following directory structure:

       Filesystem:

   /usr/share/doc/manuals/somemanual/index.html
   /usr/share/doc/manuals/somemanual.ps.gz (optional)

       WWW server:

   http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/somemanual/

       FTP server:

   ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/manuals/somemanual.html.tar.gz
   ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/manuals/somemanual.text.gz
   ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/manuals/somemanual.dvi.gz
   ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/manuals/somemanual.ps.gz
   ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/manuals/somemanual.sgml.tar.gz

       Please note that this part of the policy hasn't been universally
       accepted yet, so those URIs may not work. The real locations of
       documents may vary for backwards compatibility.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.