Re: wrong spelling in spanish version of http://www.debian.org/devel/

I'm sending this to the debian-l10n-spanish list in case somebody
corrects me here...

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 01:57:37PM -0300, Groucho Marx wrote:
> Hi there!
> I´m sorry to report this silly bug instead of being able to make a more
> usefull contribution to the project, but...

	There are no silly bugs, just silly mistakes.

> I read on the spanish version of http://www.debian.org/devel/ the following:
>
> Informes de lintian
> Lintian es un programa que revisa si un paquete se adecúa a la Política o
> no. Debería usarlo antes de cada envío de paquetes; se hacen informes en la
> página antes mencionada sobre cada paquete de la distribución.
>
> I belive that "adecúa" should read "adecua" because verbs ending in "guar" o
> "cuar" such as "adecuar" do not
> break their diptonge.
> If you say "adecúa" you sould also say "averigúa" instead of  "averigua"
> which is obvioulsy wrong.

	I'm afraid you are wrong. "adecúa" stresses the last syllable and thus breaks
the diptongue, whileas "averigua" stresses the before-last syllable
(the accent would be placed like this: aver*i*gua). If you removed the accent in the
'u' it would be placed in the previous syllable:
adecua = ad*e*cua, because the diptongue could not be broken.

> Please check this against some authoritative source, such as Diccionario de
> La Lengua Española:
> http://buscon.rae.es/drae/drae.htm

	Problem is, the spanish online dictinoary does not check grammar, so neither
"adecua" nor "adecúa" appear ("adecuar" does). You have to take my word on this
(and I'm not 100% sure)....

	Javi