Re: Past perfect or not? (was: Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by peterk: webwml/english/partners index.wml)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:37:13PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> Josip Rodin:
>
> > Well, IIRC from my high school English classes, that's how past
> > perfect works:
>
> It just "felt" wrong. Perhaps someone who has English as a first
> language can tell us who's right?

Unless your formal education in your own language is better than mine,
you'll probably understand it when I say that I have no idea why I feel
the current version in CVS is correct. I learned more about english
grammar from taking a year of German than I did from all the english
classes I ever took.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org