Re: Bug(?!) in debian.org

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 12:20:32PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Denis Barbier:
>
> > Where in the proposal did you read that missing links should point to
> > English pages?
>
> I didn't, but since a missing page would at least take me to another
> language, then all links from *that point on* will use that language, until
> I get to another page that is not available in my language.

Yes, this is indeed the key point.
To summarize, current settings harm people who have no control on their
language settings, whereas this proposal cause problems to those relying on
content negotiation to choose between several languages.  As I don't fall
into any of these conditions,  I do not want to take position ;)

Denis