Re: Bug(?!) in debian.org

Gerfried Fuchs:

> It would be a counter-work against content negotiation, e.g. for
> people that have something like de,fr,en or such setups.

Exactly. I have my Accept-Language set to "sv,nb,no,da,nn,en,de", and I
expect that for every link the documents are tried in that order (Swedish,
Norwegian bokmål, unspecified Norwegian, Danish, Norwegian nynorsk, English,
German). If I was to go from a link on a Swedish page to an English version
when there was a Norwegian or Danish version available, that would be *very*
bad.

(The Swedish, Norwegian and Danish languages are *very* similar, so I prefer
to read any of those to English, if possible).

So, no, making languages stick in the manner that has been requested in this
thread simply does *not* work.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html