Re: non-US.debian.org

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 01:22:01PM +0100, Rohan Talip wrote:
> The Release Notes section of the Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (`potato')
> Release Information
> (http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#release-notes) says to
> add the following line (1 of 2) into /etc/apt/sources.list :
>
>   deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main
> non-free
>
> The problem is that http://non-us.debian.org does not have a
> debian-non-US directory, in fact its top level directory
> resembles http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian-non-US

Er, it does. Just point your browser to
http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US and you'll see the same thing.

That sources.list line is supposed to be working, I've tested it numerous
times.

> (I can't get to http://http.us.debian.org/debian-non-US as it is probably
> restricted).

It doesn't exist. It makes sense if you think about it :)

There is no problem, at least I can't see it. :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.