Re: deb2changelog

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 08:28:36AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
[...]
> > You have just recreated the first 1% of the solution. It doesn't handle:
> >   changelog in /usr/doc (should send email notifying someone to file a bug)
> >   changelog is a symlink to file in same package
> >   changelog is a symlink to file in different package (is this allowed
> >       under policy? It has never been clear to me)
> > It's been a while since I looked at this so I may have missed something.
>
> There's also the case when the /usr/share/doc/foo is a symlink to another
> directory, which is legal when that other package is in foo's Depends:.
[...]

And Debian native packages do include changelog.gz instead of
changelog.Debian.gz
I ran a script (should be on ftp-master.debian.org ~barbier/changelog
IIRC) yesterday but could not let it go through the entire archive
because I had to sleep, my impression was that symlink files are not a
problem, and symlink doc directory are frequent but easy to handle.
I'll send a full script when it is finished.

Denis