Re: web site stats updated

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:11:25AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Just wanted to point the translators again at
> >
> >       http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/
>
>  Great stats, and I especially like the diff from the original to see
> what has to be added to an translation.  Great THANK YOU for that part!

That reminds me that I've on my machine a modified and not commited version
of check_trans.pl which can see which part of the translated text have
changed.

(It is not commited because it depends on a .pm file writen by Christian
Couder, which is not installed on any machine beside my and christian's)

To make it work, you give it the original old file, the translated file,
and the diff to apply to the original. Then, it count the html tags, and
give you where the translation have to be modified.

That's really a nice feature ! It's used on a daily basis here on a cron
table to send mails to the french translators, so you can assume it's
pretty tested.

I attach to this mail the .pm file of Christian, and my version of
check_trans.pl which use that, but be aware that this second file is sort
of a split of the one in the CVS and that I was too lazy to commit to this
file the changes of the main trunk...

It may be cool to give the stats pages the ability to show the "translated
diff" too...

>  Just one thing - shouldn't the colors be reversed for the outdated and
> not translated stats, so that 0 pages there is green and 100% is red?
> Just a thought, would make more sense to me *hmmm*

Completely agreed...

Bye, Mt.