Re: Improve remove_stale.pl

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 04:44:21PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Perhaps we could use .cvsignore? Those files aren't in CVS so cvs(1) needs
> > > to ignore them, too.
> >
> > For some reason, generated HTML files are already ignored by CVS.
> > So putting them in a .cvsignore file would seem counterintuitive.
>
> Hmm, by your cvs(1), or on klecker? I'm asking because:
>
> [joy@klecker:~]% cat .cvsignore
> *.??.html
> *.ja.html.tmp
> *.zh-??.html
> *-1x1-transp.gif
> *.forced

I checked with an anonymous CVS account, and have nothing related to
HTML files in my $HOME/.cvsignore.  I now realize that these files
are not ignored when being authenticated, so this behaviour is surely
due to the configuration of anonymous CVS account.
Anyway I still believe it would be confusing if remove_stale.pl do
ignore files listed under .cvsignore files.

Denis