Re: Opera - Debian.org

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:57:58AM +0200, Endre Steigum wrote:
> To remain included in our bookmark list for a year, we ask you to
> place an Opera banner or button on your Web site in a highly visible
> spot, preferably on the front page.  It should be linked to
> http://www.opera.com/download. Please see http://www.opera.com/promote
> for examples.

Debian is an organization devoted to free software
(http://www.debian.org/intro/free); we would not be able to promote a
closed-source browser on our front page. If the software were available
under a license that met the Debian Free Software Guidelines we could
include it in our distribution, in which case it would certainly be
linked from our web pages.

--
Mike Stone