Re: About english/template/debian/countries*.wml

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:33:17AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> country translations are currently put into 2 different files, named
> countries.wml and countries_perl.wml.  It would be nice to only have a
> single file.

This occured to me, I just didn't know how to do it. In fact, I counted on
your curiousity and expertize :)

> Here is a solution by generating countries.def (which supersedes
> countries.wml) from countries_perl.wml, by running
>      eperl -B '<:' -E ':>' countries_perl.wml
> I suggest to rename countries_perl.wml into countries.wml,

We'd have to check which files include/depend on the countries template, so
I'd better not do this.

> and add a rule in some Makefile to make sure countries.def is regenerated
> when countries.wml is updated.

This can be done with countries.wml and countries_perl.wml, in
Makefile.common template section, I think.