Re: Deletion of a message from Archive

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 03:07:34PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> > Lol -- that's not just a spam? I suppose if there are legit reasons for
> > removing mail from the archive, this could be one of them.
I agree with you.

> Well, according to the advertising policy, the fee for processing the
> message would be 1999 US$...

That would be the fee for keeping the message in the archive to serve as
advertisement; in this case he's asking to remove the message, instead of
continuing advertising his products.

It will be on the common interest of Debian list users and the poster to
remove the message. Since the author's mistake is going to cause some extra
work from someone in Debian to correct it; a small amount could be charged,
but something much smaller than the cost of an ad.

Jaime