Re: How to make HTML changes avail immediately?

M.PITZL@gmx.net schrieb am Mittwoch, dem 18. Juli 2001:

> have you tried to set the expires meta tag on your pages?
> Perhaps this will help you.
> This informs the browser to get the page under all circumstances from the
> webserver and to do no caching.

> > On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, smokez wrote:
> >
> > > Sounds like a caching issue
> > > either with the browser or a caching sever
> > > which browser are you using?
> > >

> > I tried Netscape 4.76 (Solaris 2.6) and Lynx.
> > Without any caching proxy.
> > On Netscape, I removed the cache completely. No changes in reload.

Tried this out with the above line at first. But the page isn't reloaeded.

But I found out that this behaviour is only detected on .php/.phtml
pages but not on .html

>From my http.conf:
LoadModule mime_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_mime.so
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.htm index.shtml index.cgi index.php
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .phtml
</IfModule>

Regards, Guenter