html problem

You seem to have a problem with the html on one of your servers.  When I select
"Distribution" from the Debian homepage, and then the "complete list of packages"
for the current distribution from the next page, and then search for a particular
filename at the bottom of the page this brings up, and click on the "go to download
page" button, I end up at

     http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/download.pl

which presents me with a list of servers to try.  When I select ftp.debian.org, I get
a page full of gibberish as my browser (Netscape 2.01 running under Linux kernel
1.2.9) tries to interpret the binary file as text.  But if I select
http.us.debian.org, I get the normal file-download window.

Evidently there is some difference in the html at these two servers; the one to use
is at http.us.debian.org, and that version should replace what you have on
ftp.debian.org.

I have not checked the other servers to see how far this problem extends.
--
Andrew T. Young
aty@mintaka.sdsu.edu