Re: "Sitemap" webpage

Tomohiro KUBOTA <tkubota@riken.go.jp> writes:

> [encoding story zapped]
>
> When the corresponding Japanese wml page has a Japanese title
> (in #use wml::debian::template title="xxxx" line) which includes
> a Japanese character which include include 0x22 (DOUBLE QUOTE)
> in its pair of bytes, a problem occurs.  It seems that wml
> parser confuses the accidental 0x22 as a quote character.
> [...]
> Does anyone have any idea to solve this problem?

Ran into the same problem with my perl CGI scripts, switched to EUC-JP
and all was well again (apart from the fact that I had to cater to NT
hosts :-(  Imagine the hoops you have to jump when writing your script
in EUC-JP, output HTML in iso-2022-jp and update Shi?t_JIS databases)

Switching to EUC-JP seems a less intrusive solution/work-around then
fixing WML as was suggested earlier.  You could also try switching to
Unicode (if only emacs supported that!).  Eh, assuming WML parses that
okay, of course.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development

     Free Software: `No walls, no windows!  No fences, no gates!'