Re: Catalan initial commit

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 04:30:27PM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> Just install wml (apt-get) and run "make install" in webwml/
> directory.  It creates debian.org/ in same directory where webwml is
> and puts all all built files there in proper subdirectories of course.

Ah, weird. I was missing some bits of the webwml tree (like, eh...
Makefile :)

Okay, there's an error but I can't see where:

4941:jordi@nubol:~/cvs/debian/webwml$ make
make -C english
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jordi/cvs/debian/webwml/english'
wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2001 -o UNDEFuEN:contact.en.html@g+w   contact.wml
ePerl:Error: Perl parsing error (interpreter rc=255)

---- Contents of STDERR channel: ---------
syntax error at /tmp/wml.1974.tmp1.wml line 1305, near "croatian"
Execution of /tmp/wml.1974.tmp1.wml aborted due to compilation errors.
** WML:Break: Error in Pass 3 (rc=74).

I looked in the includes of contacts.wml, I can't see any error in
languages.wml or basic, which are included by template.

> Also you should translate some pages to catalan, such as front page
> (also take a look at translation-check, see examples from some other
> translations).  Documentations to how to do this is at
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating> in chapter
> "Starting a new translation", try those and do some test builds.
> After it seems good, you can commit it or send diff here.

Yeah, I have the initial catalan dir ready too, I was more concerned
about the templates stuff as it seems as I guess it could break more
things. Oh, I just added Catalan to Makefile's LANGUAGES.

> Also I noticed in your diff that you had modified some other
> translations too.  It is of course good to help other teams when you
> can, but one commit should include only one logical change if
> possible.  So it is better to commit those separated from catalan
> stuff.  Also my comments from your diffs, I don't believe those can
> break anything, but of course it is better to watch out.

I guess you mean a pair of Spanish errors that have been corrected.
Okay, I'll commit those separately.

> And one thing about slices, please put catalan in alphabetical
> (english is exception) place when others are in alphabetical order
> too.  In some of tags slices are not in alphabetical order, but mostly
> should be, and in the future propably all of them should be.

AFAIK, all the slices were mixed up. Should I really order them now?

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E