Re: RFC: navbar changes...

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:35:41PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > > In order to squeeze in a link to the site map onto the navigation bar (you
> > > know, the thing in navbar.wml) I'm going to remove the "Home" link which is
> > > pointless anyway, the Debian text/logo should be a link to the front page.
> > >
> > > I hope the translations for "site map" in various languages aren't overly
> > > long?
> >
> > Ok, here's what I'd like to do:
> >
> > 	http://joy.gkvk.hr/mirr/
> >
> > Please comment.
>
> Some comments on navbar:
> - the buttons should be rounded, but I think you planed to do so

Ah, this is one of my unrelated experiments. I managed to create the PNG
images with Gimp 1.2. However, your browser doesn't know what transparent
PNGs are.

I figure this can be fixed by making the images have red as background
color.

> - The order of the button in the navbar is not exactly the same than in the
>   left box list. Please flip 'site map' and 'search' in one of them.

ACK.

> - I think the empty space between the debian logo and the 'select a mirror'
> thing is too big. It might look better if the logo were a bit more on the
> right. Not a \hfill\logo\hfill\mirror\hfill, but more a
> \hspace{10%}\logo\hfill\mirror. But that's a personal opinon, of course.

Well, it's made so that one thing is on the right and one is on the left,
like a symmetry. And, if we add spacing we would risk wrapping the table on
small resolutions :)

> An unrelated comment:
> - The left box list would look better (IMHO) if we populated a bit the
>   'Developers' corner' part with some subitems.

Well, I think the purpose of that is that the front page is to be aimed at
users, and that everything that's for developers only should be in the
developers' corner.