Re: /Bugs/Makefile and force rebuilds

On Mon, 28 May 2001, joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 07:11:29PM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
>> Is there really reasons for this kind of force rebuilds as seen in
>> Bugs/Makefile?  Isn't make especially designed for this kind of
>> dependencies?
>
> Notice the line in pseudo-packages.wml that says:
>
> $file = "/org/www.debian.org/cron/scripts_daily/$file" if ($host eq
> "klecker.debian.org");

Thanks, this explains a lot, I didn't notice that line, like
explanation would still be needed as you already committed changes for
this. :-)

Anyway, I'm wondering why no ".cvsignore" files are used in
debian-www's repository.  For example listing
"pseudo-packages.description" in "english/Bugs/.cvsignore" would be
very normal usage of ".cvsignore" files.  Is it okay if I commit this
and a couple of more .cvsignores in another directories?

pseudo-packages.description in english/Bugs/.cvsignore,

lists.cfg, subscribe.wml and unsubscribe.wml
in english/MailingLists/.cvsignore,

people.names in english/devel/.cvsignore

and card.ps.gz in english/devel/misc/.cvsignore

Of course it's not too bad seeing a couple of lines starting with
questing mark in every cvs update, but it just not "the best way",
IMHO.

--
Tommi Vainikainen