Re: Debian WWW CVS: joey

peter karlsson wrote:
> Martin Schulze:
>
> > Why?
>
> Well, mostly because the include files are used to include language
> independent data, and since this is supposed to be auto-generated
> indices, I thought that this was one of those occurances. Also, the
> include files aren't covered by translation-check, so it's harder to
> keep track of when they are updated.

Do you know a solution for this problem?  I've thought about using
slices again and came back that it's not usable, even if it would
work.

Take a look at the code:

[ <ifneq <get-var WML_SRC_BASENAME> "index"
  "<a href="index">Debian for PA-RISC</a>"
  "<b>Debian for PA-RISC</b>"
> ]

Using slices this would end up in one of the following

[EN:
[ <ifneq <get-var WML_SRC_BASENAME> "index"
  "<a href="index">Debian for PA-RISC</a>"
  "<b>Debian for PA-RISC</b>"
> ]
:]
[SV:
[ <ifneq <get-var WML_SRC_BASENAME> "index"
  "<a href="index">Debian for PA-RISC</a>"
  "<b>Debian for PA-RISC</b>"
> ]
:]

Or even worse:

[ <ifneq <get-var WML_SRC_BASENAME> "index"
  "[EN:<a href="index">Debian for PA-RISC</a>:]
  [SV:<a href="index">Debian for PA-RISC</a>:]"
  "[EN:<b>Debian for PA-RISC</b>:]
  [SV:<b>Debian for PA-RISC</b>:]"
> ]

I don't believe these are maintainable.

However, I do recognize the problem, I just don't have a good
solution.

Wrt. translation-check, this won't work for the files in
/devel/debian-jr/ either.  However, we can make them work there,
somehow...

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto