packages.debian.org

I've  been asked on a recent exhibition how a normal user (i.e. not a
registrated Debian developer) can find out which version of a package
is in stable, testing and unstable.  Well, he just wondered about
versions and I did nothing else than logging in on pandora and calling
a program which showed me versions, distros and names.  He then
complained and I told him about packages.debian.org.  Oh, instead of
being happy he complained even more and I had to learn that the method
to find out more about a Debian package by using
http://packages.debian.org/<pkg> doesn't seem to be prominently
documented on our web pages.  It's on searchtempl/* somewhere though.

Joy, could you add information about it whereever it might be useful?

Regards,

	Joey

--
This is Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.