Re: packages search results

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:21:10PM -0700, Ryan White wrote:

> Haha cute... Now the ftp links are all http. I guess that's cool. http is
> generally better...

Agreed. Much lower overhead on a machine.

> seems like you could just add a type flag to the server entry and change the
> protocol that way. or write a regexp that checks for
> /^ftp/ and change the protocol that way (which is a hack)
>
> I guess it doesn't matter really but it might be misleading for people that
> copy and paste the link into a ftp program. This way you won't have to
> remove the ftp only links either.

You may want to try the links on the download page. They all work!
Just because a machine is named ftp.debian.org doesn't mean that
it supports ftp, but not http. When switching to http, I removed
the two mirrors that are ftp only. I would hope that anyone who
might be confused by this wouldn't know enough to even notice.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org