Re: German Translations

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>         Hi!
>
>  Well - I'd like to help out translating the german pages.  I know wml
> quite well (well, I took over the maintainership of the wml.vim syntax
> file from Craig Small) and use it for my private pages.

If not already done, please check out
<http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/jobs.html> as well.

>  I've already taken a look at Joeys page about webwml on which the pages
> are listed.  So I could just start translating the one or the other

Yes please.  Just send me finished pages.

> page.  But I guess it's a little more organized.  Are there some people

Since not many people are working on the German translation, no, it isn't.
Currently, I'm reading CVS logs to keep up with changes maded to english
pages so the German pages won't contain 'this page is too old' too often.
I also try to translate new pages in time.

A few people are also picking up other stuff (e.g. leckse).

> responsible for special pages or do people tend to translate and commit?

Yes.  However, since I'm currently maintaining/coordination the German
translation, I'd appreciate a note if you translate a new page.  It's
not required though, just in case s/o else wants to work on the same
I could tell one of you to stop.

> Or shall I just start translating into the blue and hope the best?

It's also appreciated.

>  Furthermore I don't have an webwml account yet - whom shall I bug with
> the cvs diff's? :)

Me.

If you will continuesly work on the web pages/translations, we'll add
you to the webwml group.  Please understand that we (or at least I) don't
like adding more and more people to the group who stopped working for
it after a couple of pages.

Thanks in advance,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds