Debian security FAQ

Can we put the text below online somewhere on the security pages?
I get those questions a bit too often these days so it would be
nice if there was a page I could point people to.

Wichert.

security FAQ thingies

Q: The signature on your advisories does not verify correctly
A: This is most likely a problem on your end. The debian-security-announce
   list has a filter that only allows messages with a correct signature
   from one of the security team members to be posted.

   Most likely some piece of mail software on your end slightly changes
   the message that breaks the signature. Make sure your software does
   not do any MIME encoding or decoding or tab/space conversions.

Q: Why are there no official mirrors for security.debian.org?
A: The purpose of security.debian.org is to make security updates available
   as quickly and easily as possible. Mirrors would add extra complexity
   that is not needed and can cause frustration if they are not up to
   date.

Q: How can I reach the security team?
A: Security information can be send to security@debian.org, which is read
   by all Debian developers. If you have sensitive information please
   use team@security.debian.org which only the members of the security
   team read. If desired email can be encrypted with the Debian Security
   Contact key (key ID 363CCD95).

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |