Re: DDP is dead

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 05:28:16PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> While working on some translations I noticed that the DDP seems to
> be dead.
>
> Looking at the dates of a CVS checkout:

(oops deleted java-faq but I didn't want to...)
>     64511 Dec  4 12:15 maint-guide/maint-guide.sgml       [questionable]

	I wouldn't say that maint-guide (which has been translated to many
languages) or the debian-java-faq (I'm responsible for it). Are
unmaintained. These documents are finished IMHO and should just need an
update now and then (when someone esteems necessary).
	The problem comes, however, with the documents we have unfinished
*and* un-maintained. There has been no one taking a real leadership for the
DDP proyect, so, no documentation is being generated besides the
installation guides/dselect howto.
	I should say, however, that no documentation is being *included* in
the DDP. I have a lot of small documents (in Spanish) and some articles
which I would love to contribute. However the DDP has been, for the moment,
a place to put *translations* of *english* documents. Yes, there is no real
policy for this, but I would rather better see a division of the DDP into
language branchs before clobbering it all up with spanish stuff IMHO

	Javi