Re: Linux -> GNU/Linux on related_links.wml

James A. Treacy wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 10:30:17PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Gustavo Noronha Silva (KoV) wrote:
> > >
> > > I translated it as GNU/Linux cause I think it is The Right
> > > Thing(tm) and I suggest the english page is modified...
> >
> > FWIW, I'd suggest you also update the original.
> >
> The way I have been handling this is to use Debian GNU/Linux
> when it is appropriate (mostly at the beginning of documents
> and in anything official, like the DFSG). For eveything else,
> I simply use Debian. Writing out the full name every time is
> rather silly and repetitious. Debian can stand on its own.

Agreed, I guess I'm handling it similar, though I try to use
the full name partially.  However, in this case KoV stomped
over Linux vs. GNU/Linux which is something where the project
agrees over 'GNU/Linux' rather than just plain Linux if the
distribution is referenced instead of just the kernel.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds