Re: ports/mips - systems "gallery"

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 03:06:53AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Hi,
> i am currently getting together some more informations on the mips
> port to show the ammount of different CPUs and Systems the Mips
> port might support. As there are so many systems a lot users havent
> seen the different systems so i thought of taking pictures of systems
> i (or others) have and put links on the systems overview page
> which are also currently far from perfect.
>
> What are the feelings of the debian folks about this. I dont want
> to push hundrets of images on the web server and i do also want
> to limit the individual image size. For copyright purposes i would
> only put selfmade pictures up.

We have no objection to images. I suggest, though, that you have
thumbnails which have links to the bigger images. Additionally,
we won't force limits on image size on you, but as a practical matter
I'd keep the full pictures below 200k.

> Another thing is - CVS isnt that good in dealing with binary data so is
> there a seperate dir to drop images into and just link them ?

Cvs is useless at doing diffs with images, but you can check them in
without a problem. Simply use 'cvs add -kb <image>'.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org