Re: packages.debian.org has moved. Please update translations

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 07:29:19PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > >   They have either not been fully tested (and could therefore have
> > >   undiscovered important bugs) or have not been around long enough to
> > >   make it into the stable distribution.
> > >
> > > This is just plain wrong.
> >
> > It's not wrong. Just because a package is in testing it doesn't mean
> > it's fully tested, and it certainly doesn't mean it's been long enough
> > to make it into stable.
>
> It is plain wrong because it suggests that stable is a moving target
> (like testing) to which stuff is added once its stable.

It suggests that only if you read into the words and start making
assumptions about it. The packages in testing will eventually end up in
stable once we decide they are stable, in essence that is still true.

The main reason I'm complaining is that the user which visits that page does
not need to know the intricate details of our developmental process. Trying
to push all that (rather abstract) information to them might confuse and/or
bore them.

(Hey, there's something wrong with this picture -- I'm the one who is
usually being accused of making the web pages not too user-friendly! ;)