Re: Removing documents

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:59:54AM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> James A. Treacy:
>
> > There are files in the html directory which are not created using
> > wml. Got an idea how to seperate the chaff from the wheat(*)?
>
> Well, are they in the same directories as the other files? If not, then all
> the old files could simply be removed before the make install is performed.

The Makefiles do not maintain a list of files that are in cvs so
when a file is removed from cvs, the Makefile has trouble deciding
whether the files in the html directory, for which it has no
corresponding wml file, are under its control or not.

Two ways of dealing with this are to set up file removal on a directory
by directory basis (if an html directory contains files not controlled
by the Makefile then it doesn't remove files) or if the current directory
contains a .html file with no corresponding .wml file, it deletes the
.html file from there and the html directory.

The second method looks better to me. Feel like implementing it?

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org