Re: Debian WWW CVS: joy

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 09:17:56PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> > But even so, that sentence couldn't mention a current unstable
> > distribution,
>
> Why not? If the unstable distribution is changed to something else,
> then it becomes another unstable distribution.

Er, no, we could change its name, but not the form. At least, there aren't
any plans for changing its form, because most changes to the layout of the
archive break compatibility which is not desired.

> I know that with testing, the unstable distribution will stay the same
> over a longer period, and that this is major nit-picking, I just want to
> understand the reason behind your change...

Basically, user doesn't need to know that there might be a change in how sid
is called. (Besides, its codename is a minor detail, the main thing to note
is that it's unstable, literally.)